Photos

Photographer's Note

A primeira igreja do Rosário foi construída no largo que lhe deu o nome (Largo do Rosário). Ela foi construída por Manoel Nogueira de Souza, dono do terreno. Era uma capelinha de pau a pique, na metade do século XIX, foi demolida em 1953 e o terreno doado à prefeitura municipal e ao povo de Monte Sião.
Para construir a igreja do Rosário foi feita uma quermesse no Largo do Rosário, cujos festeiros foram: Alvarim Pires de Couto, José Bassi, Benedito Vigilio, Toninho Soldado e outros, no ano de 1954, com a renda da quermesse e mais a ajuda do povo de Monte Sião que contribuiu com tijolo, areia, telhas e campanhas para arrecadar materiais.
A planta da igreja foi feita por Pascoal Andreta. E todos trabalhavam: Festeiros, o povo e o idealizador da igreja, para que ela ficasse pronta.
E isso se deu em 1955, quando ela foi inaugurada com missa rezada pelo Revmo. Padre Gustavo Moreira de Abreu.
No pátio que a rodeia, o prefeito Carlos Penacchi, ordenou que se fizesse uma praça.
• PROJETISTA DA ANTIGA PRAÇA, TAMBÉM FOI PASCOAL ANDRETA.
• RECÉM RE-INAUGURADA, A PRAÇA RECEBEU PISO NOVO, CHAFARIZ E A IMAGEM DE NOSSA SENHORA DO ROSÁRIO.
Em 2001, a igreja do Rosário recebeu roupagem nova, foi pintada, conservando suas características principais. Hoje a praça do Rosário e a igreja do Rosário, são atrações turísticas, pois formam um lindo conjunto.

* Conteúdo cedido pela assessoria de imprenssa de Monte Sião
Ed Braga
World / Brazil / Minas Gerais / Monte_Siao
Coordenadas: 22°25'57"S 46°34'22"W

==================================================
The first Rosario Church was built in the square who gave him the name (Largo do Rosário). She was built by Manoel Nambiar, owner of the land. It was a chapel of wattle, in the mid-19th century, was demolished in 1953 and the land donated to the City Hall and to the people of Mount Zion.
To build the Church of the Rosary was made a Bazaar in Largo do Rosário, whose party-goers were: Ramprasad Pires de Couto, Joseph Bassi, Benedito Vigilio, Toninho Soldier and others, in the year 1954, with proceeds from the Bazaar and more help from the people of Mount Zion which contributed with brick, sand, tiles and campaigns to collect materials.
The plan of the Church was done by Pascoal Andreta. And all worked: party-goers, the people and the founder of the Church, for which she was ready.
And this was in 1955, when she opened with a mass held by Revmo. Padre Gustavo Moreira de Abreu.
In the courtyard that surrounds it, the Mayor Carlos Pennacchi, ordered to make a square.
• PROJECTOR OF THE ANCIENT SQUARE, WAS ALSO PAI ANDRETA.
• NEWLY RE-OPENED, NEW FLOOR, FOUNTAIN AND RECEIVED THE IMAGE OF OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY.
In 2001, the Church of the Rosary was given new drapery, was painted, saving its main features. Today the Rosary square and the Church of the Rosary, are tourist attractions, because it forms a beautiful set.

* Information provided by press counsel of Mount Zion
Ed Barnes
World/Brazil/Minas Gerais/Monte_Siao
Coordinates: 22° 25 ' 57 "S 46° 34 ' 22" W

Nobody has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1629
Points: 0
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Flavio Andrey (flavioandrey) Silver Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 47 W: 2 N: 66] (319)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH