Photos

Photographer's Note

Church of St. James (Swedish: Sankt Jacobs kyrka) is a church in the center of Stockholm, dedicated to the Apostle James the Greater, patron of travelers. It is often mistakenly called St Jacob's. The confusion arises because the Swede, like many other languages, uses the same name for James and Jacob.

Undoubtedly the most central church in the Swedish capital, surrounded by the popular park Kungsträdgården, the royal opera, the square Gustav Adolfs torg; And near Sergels torg, the royal palace, and the government office of Rosenbad, the parish church was limited to 150 souls in the late 80's, and was thus merged into the parish of the cathedral of Stockholm in 1989. A bust of the Swedish tenor Jussi Björling (1911-1960) is out.

The church took a long time to complete. As a consequence, it includes a wide range of architectural styles, such as Late Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque. The building is based on the design of several architects over the centuries: Willem Boy (1580-93), Hans Ferster (1635-43), Göran Joshuae Adelcrantz and Carl Hårleman (1723-35), Carl Möller and Agi Lindegren 1893-94).

----------------------------------------------------

Iglesia de San Jaime (sueco: Sankt Jacobs kyrka) es una iglesia en el centro de Estocolmo, dedicada al apóstol Santiago el Mayor, patrón de los viajeros. A menudo se llama equivocadamente St Jacob's. La confusión surge porque el sueco, al igual que muchos otros idiomas, usa el mismo nombre para James y Jacob.

Indiscutiblemente la iglesia más centrica en la capital sueca, rodeada por el parque popular Kungsträdgården, la ópera real, la plaza Gustav Adolfs torg; Y cerca de Sergels torg, el palacio real, y la oficina gubernamental Rosenbad, la parroquia de la iglesia se limitó a 150 almas en los últimos años 80, y fue fundida así en la parroquia de la catedral de Estocolmo en 1989. Un busto del tenor sueco Jussi Björling (1911-1960) está afuera.

La iglesia tardó mucho tiempo en completarse. Como consecuencia, incluye una amplia gama de estilos arquitectónicos, como el gótico tardío, el renacimiento y el barroco. El edificio se basa en el diseño de varios arquitectos a través de los siglos: Willem Boy (1580-93), Hans Ferster (1635-43), Göran Joshuae Adelcrantz y Carl Hårleman (1723-35), Carl Möller y Agi Lindegren (1893- 94).

Photo Information
Viewed: 490
Points: 52
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Luis Garcia (adramad) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 6734 W: 5 N: 11579] (52896)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH