Photographer's Note

This beautiful clock tower is located on 266 Notre-Dame Street corner with Saint Alexis Street.

In the old and well maintained building is named Édifice de la Sun Life. It was built in 1890-1891 by the architect Robert Findlay commissioned by Sun Life Insurance Company. The Sun Life Company work in the building till 1930 and the sell the building in 1946. In the 70's a fire destroyed part of the building that was recovered in between 1981-1982.

Nowadays it serves as office of the Order of Pharmacists of Quebec as well the L'Orignal Restaurant, two hairdresser studio and a construction planning company.

The building still keep the original facade of beige limestone cladding imported from England and the red granite of the Thousand Islands and have a neo-renaissance style.

The building is protected by the Cultural Heritage Act, effective October 19, 2012.

pajaran has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 174
Points: 4
  • None
Additional Photos by Andre Bonavita (bona) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1295 W: 106 N: 2923] (13979)
View More Pictures