Photographer's Note

This is a street shot of the little village of Cushendun. McBrides Public House is among the smallest pubs in Ireland. Originally the public bar area measured 5ft X 9ft 6ins. in recent years a new bar area has been added to the rear. the pub was first licensed in 1849 and owned by Baron Cushendun.the bar was taken over by Mary McBride in 1950s.Mary never drank herself and would not serve women in the bar.

Miguel82, pajaran, ourania, Cricri, mcmtanyel, No_One, ikeharel, danos, adramad has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1245
Points: 26
  • None
Additional Photos by Arthur Butcher (Kugart) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 266 W: 0 N: 536] (1778)
View More Pictures