Photographer's Note

Rynok square in Berezhany. The Greek-Catholic Church of The Holy Trinity is to the left. When Berezhany was part of Austrian empire in 1772-1918 this square was called Ringplatz. Today its called Rynok (Market) square. Statues of Jesus Christ and Virgin Mary which are in the square were taken down by communists (Soviet communists overtook Berezhany in Sept. 1939) and rebuilt only recently in 1990s. During 1945-1992 this Church belonged to Russian Orthodox Church as Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church was officially prohibited. There are statues of Apostles Peter and Paul on the Church and it was modeled as mini version of Saint Peterīs Cathedral in Vatican.

Nobody has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1453
Points: 0
  • None
Additional Photos by Roman Isl (islendingur) Silver Star Critiquer/Silver Note Writer [C: 11 W: 0 N: 17] (50)
View More Pictures