Photographer's Note

Gaudí House-Museum (in Catalan: Casa Museu Gaudí), located within the Park Güell was the residence of Antoni Gaudí for almost 20 years, from 1906 till the end of 1925. On 28th September 1963 it was opened as a museum and nowadays houses a collection of furniture and objects designed by the architect.

The building has four floors. The ground and first floors are dedicated to the collection opened to the public. The basement is not open to the public and the second floor houses the Enric Casanelles Library, which can be accessed with prior permission.
As for the collection, some rooms, such as the bedroom, the study or the inner door, as well as some personal Gaudí belongings, evoke memories of when the architect lived in this house. They also host a great exhibition of furniture designed by Gaudí for buildings such as Casa Batlló, Casa Calvet, Casa Milà, Casa Vicens or the Colònia Güell’s crypt, that alongside with the wrought iron elements also designed by the architect - exhibited in the garden- are the most valuable objects of the collection. The collection also includes furniture, sculptures, paintings, drawings and other objects of Gaudí coworkers that are exhibited in several rooms of the museum.
more on wikipedia

SnapRJW, PaulVDV, macjake, jjcordier, Schnappilic, ChrisJ, delpeoples has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1732
Points: 58
  • None
Additional Photos by Daniel Draghici (dkmurphys) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 5330 W: 83 N: 10063] (70369)
View More Pictures