Photographer's Note

Hello friends and colleagues , today I offer a nice view of the mountains of Cádiz province taken from the base plate Guadalcasín , in the town of San José del Valle, hope you enjoy this landscape of my province.

Guadalcacín Reservoir is located in the province of Cádiz and is the largest in the province. It belongs to the Guadalquivir River Basin , and its capacity is about 800 million cubic meters . It covers land in the municipalities of San José del Valle, Arcos de la Frontera , Paterna de Rivera and Algar . The dam is constructed of loose materials and clay core . It was completed in 1995 and has a capacity of 800 million cubic meters and an area of ​​3760 ha. The river that flows into the reservoir is Majaceite .

San José del Valle is a Spanish municipality in the province of Cádiz , Andalusia. In 2012 it had 4,447 inhabitants. Its surface area is 223.85 km ² and has a density of 19.86 inhabitants / km ² . Its geographical coordinates are 36 ° 36 ' N, 5 ° 47 ' W. It is located at an altitude of 143 meters and 62 kilometers from the provincial capital Cádiz .

Its origins date back to the era of Al- Andalus , having a site called Hisn tanbul , vassal of Algeciras.
In the early fourteenth century it was conquered by Christians and both the castle and the term Tempul were ceded to Jerez de la Frontera by Royal Privilege in 1333 . Jerez Patrimonio from these dates , Tempul was organized in the interests of the Jerez oligarchy assigning him use livestock nature , however , until 1492 was a defensive end and continued to be a site dedicated to the livestock sector aside any initiative population .

In the late sixteenth century a timid attempt settlement in the area that is going to go by Progressive to its maximum importance in the late seventeenth century and early eighteenth centuries , due to the construction by 1695 of a religious convent of the Order begins Carmelite on the slopes of Monte de la Cruz today .

Despite the existence of archaeological remains that speak of the passage through these lands tartesios , Phoenicians and Arabs, the first settlements that connect to the current population are linked to foundations of religious who reorganized the production of the land , raising new buildings and be a focal point for settlers and labor .

During the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries intense migration to this area by settlers to whom land is dealt Jerezano Council for clearing occurs . After the departure of the Discalced Carmelite convent disappeared in 1835 while still reaching new waves of settlers. A new land distribution occurs on a smaller scale but more equitable than the previous and since 1880 the first houses come to replace the old huts.

In 1878 the brothers García Romero , Vicente Rafael , descended from a prestigious Jerez ranching family founded the Rural Colonia San José del Valle under Act of 1868 " on the promotion of agriculture and population." Vicente built the Mill House as their residence and 12 more houses , leading to the Barrio de Santa Catalina , while his brother Rafael built on the outskirts of the old Carmelite Church ( parish of San José del Valle since 1881 ) , forming the Barrio de San Rafael . In the early twentieth century , in addition to these two districts found the San Jose, Our Lady of Mount Carmel , the Headquarters and Tiled .

In 1908 arrive in San Jose del Valle Salesians , settling in the neighborhood of San Rafael after the transfer by Rafael Romero of your own home. Here Salesians build a school and a boarding school which opens on May 5, 1909 . In 1933 Vicente Romero cede the Casa Del Molino for the settlement of the Sisters of Mary Help of Christians, it was to accommodate the formation of Salesians and vallenses girls. In 1943 the Salesian premiere new building location and continuing educational work until 1971 , when the novitiate was leaving to go to school and interned until three decades later.

In 1939, after the Civil War, claims begin to become an independent municipality. In 1950 , under the guidelines of the National Institute of Colonization , new housing , a school group (1951 ) , the new church (1954) and the town hall and market hall ( 1953-1956 ) was performed. The claims started in 1939 will , after many attempts and negotiations, fruit in 1995 , when San José del Valle becomes the forty-fourth municipality in the province of Cadiz.
Source Wikipedia.
Model: NIKON D3100
Software: PhotoScape
Exposure Time: 10/20000 sec
F-Stop: f/9.0
ISO Speed Ratings: 400
Focal Length: 32 mm
Date Taken: 2013-04-07 16:34
Metering Mode: Center Weighted Average
File Size: 489 kb

ikeharel, Romano46, jacquest, krzychu30, mirosu, RhodieIke, Kielia has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1396
Points: 40
  • None
Additional Photos by angel cornejo (cornejo) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 4695 W: 5 N: 10275] (52260)
View More Pictures