Photographer's Note

This little and largely unknown church in Bucharest was built in 1744 with the donations of the great marchant Constantin Maxim Cupetul. Soon, because of the icon of St. Elefterie, which performed miracles, it became very well known at the time and the whole neighbourhood around it received the name of St. Elefterie

To the left of this photo is the school built in 1861 on the church's property. The school had since moved to a new building after WWII, but it bears the original name.

The church isn't used anymore except on several occasions. A new, larger and more beautiful church (IMO the most beautiful in all of Bucharest) has been built 50 m down the road and it is there were regular service is being held in the last 25 years.

iGirl, philip78ro has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1007
Points: 4
  • None
Additional Photos by Victor Nitu (vnitu) Silver Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 15 W: 0 N: 53] (197)
View More Pictures