Photographer's Note

This is a small street that runs into the Trivale Park.
Trivale Park

The building of this park begun in 1900 when the administrative authorities together with the residents tried to transform a part of Trivale Forest into a park for the city, and because it was very close to the town centre (now, after the urbanisation, it’s a 10 minutes walking distance from the city hall). For this aim, the city hall asked the Austrian noble Thedeus Graf Lubenschi for buying trees and other plants for the park. From a document of 16 March 1902 we can see that they bought: 25 pieces of pine tree, 1000 pieces of Australian pine, 100 pieces of white pine, 25 pieces of Cembra pine, 100 pieces of spruce, 20 pieces of wild olive tree and 100 pieces of sycamore. Also, the city hall has spent an important sum of money for expropriations in order to enlarge the surface of the park.
In 1903, the architect E. Redont made a facelift plan for the park and ordered more trees from Austria and France.
Ten years later, another renewal was made by another architect from Bucharest, Pinard.
Today is the largest natural park of the city with minimal artificial facilities and a small old church in the middle.

RhodieIke, holmertz, Budapestman, jhm, timecapturer, macjake, delpeoples has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1113
Points: 28
  • None
Additional Photos by Daniel Draghici (dkmurphys) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 5331 W: 83 N: 10064] (70379)
View More Pictures