Photographer's Note

The Transfiguration of Jesus, a Greco - Catholic Co-cathedral Orthodox Church building seen from the west wing.

Built in the years 1717-1749, funded by the Jaroslaw administrator Eliasz Wapiński and his wife Pelagia at the location of the former castle of the city owners. The one-naved church was rebuilt in the years 1911-1912 to a three-naved church with two towers and dome.

At the front elevation, there is a figure of the Crucified Jesus made by a Lvov sculptor Teobald Orkasiewicz. In the lateral altar, there is a wonderful icon with the image of the Mother of God of the Gate of Mercy from the 17th century, crowned in 1996 with papal crowns.

Nobody has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1054
Points: 0
  • None
Additional Photos by Tomek Tabor (quovadis) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 118 W: 0 N: 284] (1867)
View More Pictures