Photographer's Note

The castle Lipowiec is situated on a hill. It became the property of Cracovian bishops and it was so till the end of 18th century. The first walled castle was erected on the turn of the 13th century in lieu of the old wooden one. The oldest parts of today's castle are tower, the well and the gate system, the tower served as a part of defences, and next it was converted to prison. In 16th century the castle was subject to another modification. In 1629 there broke out a fire in the castle so in 1635 bishop Zadzik started the reconstruction works. About 1800 another fire destroyed the roofs. In the years 1961 - 1968 the Crakovian Branch of the Conservation of Historical and Cultural Sites was performing maintenance works and preserved the monumental structure of the castle. In 1968 the castle passed to the Museum of Chrzanów as permanently ruined.

deblink has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1219
Points: 2
  • None
Additional Photos by Damian Onderka (makkak) Silver Note Writer [C: 1 W: 0 N: 15] (89)
View More Pictures