Photos

Photographer's Note

Agliano di Campello

Small castle of the mountain of Campello, risen probably on the end of the sec. XIV. It is found listed between the places pertaining to the district of Spoleto nel.1490, with the name of Alliano. that it will conserve until the past century. From then it was always to the di¬pendenze of this city, which however it was rebelled in 1522 with the other castles of the mountain, coming but endured led back to obedience. Little years after said communitarian statutos (sec. XVI). It originates them is to the Archives of State of Spoleto. On ending of the sec. XVIII Alliano passed with the common one of Postignano and after 1860 it was aggregate to the Common one of Campello on the Clitunno. E' a small inhabited center place to beyond 1000 meters of altitude to short distance from the Way of the Thorn, in position of great beauty paesaggisti¬ca. Densely popolato until the years ' 50 (conta¬va 151 inhabitants in 1951) it has known a slow and inexorable abandonment. Currently the little inhabitants remained, that they practice the breeding of the cattle in the numerous montani pastures, to sopraggiungere of the bad season move with their animals towards zones of the plain spoletina. In the course of the summery season to the little it only allocates them joins an always greater number of vacationing that many otherwise destined houses to the abbando¬no have ristrut¬turato. The lived one rises to the feet of the church of S. Peter, building of medieval origin, brought back in the trecentesco directory written up from the Pelosius under the Pieve di S. Maria di Sellano. The church conserve masonry traces in tans regular on the skillful flank and one series of paintings to the inside, little leggibili, because of the anne¬rimento and of overlapping paintings. Numerous traces of af¬freschi are visible under the ugly one intonaco deco¬rato to print that it covers the walls. The cover to times and to arches diaframmati to us del¬l' only navata, is fruit of a posterior participation, perhaps that one to the which ago reference the registration on portale, dated 1652, while an other date, 1610, appear on the architrave. The rooms conserve medieval characters and also of the centuries succeeded to you (some cinquecentesco portale and many windows in stone); some towers remain also colombaie, beyond to the public furnace and the door of income.

brevbrev14 has marked this note useful

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 15312 W: 130 N: 31593] (179301)
  • Genre: Places
  • Medium: Color
  • Date Taken: 2006-04-02
  • Categories: Nature, Architecture
  • Exposure: f/22, 1/60 seconds
  • More Photo Info: view
  • Photo Version: Original Version
  • Date Submitted: 2007-02-26 8:52
Viewed: 2442
Points: 16
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 15312 W: 130 N: 31593] (179301)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH