Photographer's Note

General Post Office O' Connell Street Dublin. 1814 and opened in 1918,designed by Francis Johnston there are 6 columns in greek style the interior was badly damaged by fire in the "Easter Rising 1916" It was the HQ of the Republician forces and it was on the steps here that Padraic Pearse proclaimed Irish Independence in 1916. The bullet scars are still visable to-day on the columns the facade is (L)200feet X 56 Feet(h)
PS Unseen in this photo are the 3 statues of Fidelity, Hibernia and Mercury by John Smyth, that areon top of the building.

snunney, worldcitizen, subhendu_bagchi has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 5473
Points: 4
Additional Photos by Dermot O'Flanagan (Dermot) Silver Star Critiquer/Silver Note Writer [C: 19 W: 0 N: 20] (95)
View More Pictures