Photos

Photographer's Note

Η μονή των Αγίων Πάντων ή Βαρλαάμ είναι το δεύτερο μεγάλο μοναστήρι των Μετεώρων. Μετά την είσοδο ένας καμαροσκέπαστος διάδρομος οδηγεί τον επισκέπτη στη μικρή κλιμακωτή αυλή με τη θαυμάσια θέα. Στα ανατολικά βρίσκεται το νοσοκομείο με τον μικρό ναό των Αγίων Αναργύρων, στα βόρεια το καθολικό των Αγίων Πάντων, ο ξενώνας, κελλιά, βοηθητικοί χώροι και ο πύργος για το βριζόνι και προς τα δυτικά το παλιό μαγειρείο, η τράπεζα, ο ναός των Τριών Ιεραρχών και κελλιά. Το όνομα της μονής οφείλεται στον μοναχό Βαρλαάμ, ο οποίος ήταν ο πρώτος, το 1350, που ανέβηκε στο βράχο και έκτισε εκεί ένα μικρό ναό των Τριών Ιεραρχών και μερικά κελλιά. Το 1518 εγκαταστάθηκαν στο βράχο, που στο μεταξύ είχε ερημωθεί, οι γιαννιώτες αδελφοί Νεκτάριος και Θεοφάνης που έκτισαν εκ νέου το ναό των Τριών Ιεραρχών και αργότερα τους ναούς των Αγίων Πάντων και του Αγίου Ιωάννη του Προδρόμου. Το καθολικό που τιμάται στη μνήμη των Αγίων Πάντων είναι αγιορείτικου τύπου, κτίστηκε το 1541/42 και τοιχογραφήθηκε πιθανότατα από το Φράγκο Κατελάνο, το 1548. Ο νάρθηκας του καθολικού ιστορήθηκε στα 1566 από τους Θηβαίους αγιογράφους Γεώργιο ιερέα και σακελλάριο Θηβών και τον αδελφό του Φράγκο Κονταρή. Η ανάβαση στην ανδρική μονή των Αγίων Πάντων ή Βαρλαάμ γινόταν παλιότερα με τη βοήθεια τεσσάρων διαδοχικών ανεμόσκαλων, αργότερα με δίχτυ και σήμερα με τη λαξευμένη στο βράχο σκάλα που κατασκευάστηκε το 1923.

The abbey of Saints Every or Barlaam is the second big monastery of Meteora. Afterwards the entry a [kamaroskepastos] corridor leads the visitor to the small graduated courtyard with the marvellous view. In Eastern is found the hospital with the small temple of Saint Anargyron, in northern catholic of Saints Every, the hostel, [kellia], auxiliary spaces and the tower for the [brizoni] and to western the old cookshop, the bank, the temple of Three Hierarches and [kellia]. The name of abbey is owed in alone [Barlaam], who was first, in 1350, that went up in the rock and built there a small temple of Three Hierarches and certain [kellia]. In 1518 they were installed in the rock, that in between had been depopulated, the [gianniotes] brothers [Nektarios] and [Theofanis] that built again the temple of Three Hierarches and later the temples of Saints Every and Saint Ioannis of Precursor. The catholic that is honoured in the memory of Saints of Every is [agioreitikoy] type, he was built in 1541/42 and [toichografithike] very probably from the Franc [Katelano], in 1548. The splint of catholic [istorithike] in the 1566 from their [Thibaioys] icon painter [Georgio] of priest and [sakellario] Thebes and his brother Franc [Kontari]. The ascent in the male abbey of Saints Every or [Barlaam] became older with help four successive [anemoskalon], later with net and today with the into the rock scale that was manufactured in 1923

greek, danos, elendim, stelli has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 3349
Points: 20
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by NICK IFANTIS (ifanik) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 1824 W: 52 N: 3687] (21679)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH