Photographer's Note

Dinard, simple fishing village until the British arrived, originates from the mythical legendary King Arthur Din (hill / fort) - Arz / Ar (bear / Arthur); bears in mythology, symbolizes sovereignty.

Originally, Dinard was part of the parish of St. Enogat. Then at the end of the nineteenth century, the British began to come here on holiday and it made building sumptuous villas on the coast. Dinard developed so rapidly and became the seaside resort of the most popular in Europe. But she knew disaffection from the 1930s when the company went rather high on the Riviera. Today, Dinard is, without doubt, the resort's most "British" of France with its 407 villas classified.

Indeed, the official name of the commune was St. Enogat until 1879, when the name was changed in Dinard-Saint-Enogat. By 1921 the name of the town was changed again, it takes its current name of Dinard.

Theme Dinard

Cretense, delpeoples, carlosmarin, photoray, Didi, subhendu_bagchi has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 2527
Points: 34
Additional Photos by Valerie Leconte (Leconte) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 716 W: 58 N: 1031] (5795)
View More Pictures