Photographer's Note

Le Moulin de Carrière was built on the banks of the Vidourle River in the 13th century. The mill was originally a flour mill then in the 17th century it was converted to a corn mill. In the 19th century it was used to pump the water supply to the nearby village of Villetelles and Aubais, this stopped in the 1980s and the mill has been restored by the local community. Villetelle is a small village of only 900 persons while Aubais has around 2,500 persons living in this beautiful medieval village.

besnard, snunney, akm, jhm, Clementi, jlbrthnn has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1868
Points: 16
Additional Photos by Chris Chafer (sandpiper) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 767 W: 87 N: 1198] (6788)
View More Pictures