Photographer's Note

Built in 1883 by Toutain, architect, for the banker Alexandre Lange who lived it during ten years, the house is built on a piece of the park of the castle of Clagny, disappeared property Madam de Montespan. The architect took as a starting point the style Louis XIII particularly appreciated in Versailles at that time. It then had like successive owners the admiral Serre who lived there until his death in 1900, then Jean Dupuy, owner of the newspaper "Le Petit Parisien" and chair trade union of the press. The History enters to the castle of Maye in 1937 when the duke and the duchess of Windsor rent the property a few months after their abdication. Some time afterwards, it is the king Zog and the Geraldine queen of Albania, in exile, to live there until 1939. At the time of the Second World war, the castle is occupied by German officers who will be replaced by American after the Release. The castle lodged until 1954 a school of welfare officers for Israel, financed by “American Joint Committee”. Lastly, the Bulding sees new once its destiny modified, and that defenitivly, when a couple of doctors, Doctor Barragué and his wife, open there the doors of a private clinic in 1956. Sixty years after, the success of the establishment does not weaken and, in parallel with the service of specialized surgery, they are each year approximately 1.600 Versailles babies which was born between its walls.

(Stitch of 2 photographs)

A very good day to all.


Model=NIKON D60
Date Time=2011:03:05
Exposure Time=10/1600 sec
Exposure Program=Normal
Max Aperture Value=F4,0
Focal Length=55,00 mm
ISOSpeed=0, 200
Color Mode=COLOR
White Balance=SUNNY
Image Sharpening=HIGH
Focal Lengthin35mm Film=82,00 mm
Scene Capture Type=Standard
Gain Control=None

Photo Information
Viewed: 7255
Points: 70
  • None
Additional Photos by Jean Charles GUEGAN (JCG) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 5328 W: 737 N: 9440] (35153)
View More Pictures