Photographer's Note

This building was built around 1550, it was transformed into a mansion in the eighteenth century by Jean de Mauroy, Lord of Colasverdey, Esquire, sizes Comptroller and aids of the kingdom, alderman of Troyes. Then in turn became orphanage manufacture "low knitwear", drapery shop, military administration, and finally home to a local newspaper. The city of Troyes acquired the hotel in 1966 and entrusted to the Compagnons du Devoir who undertook its restoration in the rules of art. It now houses the House of the tool and the working of thought, which is the world's largest museum in the shaping tools.

besnard, jhm, jean113, papagolf21, pajaran, gildasjan, Royaldevon, cornejo has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 1115
Points: 24
  • None
Additional Photos by ALESSANDRO MACCHI (SWEETFREEDOM) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 1587 W: 0 N: 3172] (24623)
View More Pictures