Photographer's Note

The Monastery was founded more than 600 years ago by Sergius of Radonezh. The monastery was closed down in 1919 but was allowed to open again in 1946. The monastery has a theological college, a chorister school and an icon painting school. Currently it is a home to over 300 monks and some 700 students.

worldcitizen has marked this note useful

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Natalia Berezina (tavolga) (42)
  • Genre: Places
  • Medium: Color
  • Date Taken: 2011-02-20
  • Categories: Architecture
  • Exposure: f/11, 1/500 seconds
  • More Photo Info: view
  • Photo Version: Original Version
  • Date Submitted: 2012-01-14 13:35
Viewed: 6046
Points: 2
  • None
Additional Photos by Natalia Berezina (tavolga) (42)
View More Pictures