Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Elliott 2005-05-06 12:16

Hi Cora,

I think you have managed to achieve exactly what you set out to do with this shot.
The POV makes the building feel very imposing.
I'm assuming you converted the shot to black and white using editing software to desaturate it.
If so, I'd really like to see the colour original to compare the two.

Thanks

Elliott

Added 06/05/05: Did a quick workshop just to show you how a slight adjustment of levels can make a difference.

Old 05-05-2005, 01:26 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To Elliott: Color Original

Hi Elliott,

Thanks so much for your comment, much appreciated. I have the original, color version up on my pbase site at http://www.pbase.com/ayobami/image/41144960.

I would love to hear which you like better... I was experimenting with the black and white thing for my pbase black and white gallery.

Regards,
Cora
Old 05-06-2005, 04:02 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To Elliott: Color Original

Hi Cora,

I had a look at the colour original and while I think its a nice shot, I still prefer the black and white version.
It just seems to have a little more character than the colour version.
It's a shame there weren't more clouds in the sky as I think that would've benefitted both the cloour original and the black and white.
Maybe if you increased the saturation on the colour version to give the sky a bit of a deeper blue colour, and on the black and white version just adjust the levels slightly to darken the sky and make the highlights on the building a touch lighter.

Elliott