Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jimmyjimmy 2021-03-16 19:26

Hello Mark

You have presented a very hard subject with the Canyon in subdued light. All of the images have great sunsets. But trying to get the canyon to standout seems to be a task. I am not sure how I would handle this. Still you present a subject that many will not touch. Keep them coming my friend.

Jimmy

Old 03-17-2021, 03:12 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To jimmyjimmy: Sunset sublime 7

Jimmy,

I think there are 3 ways I could have made the canyon stand out more in my photos:

1) Learn how to use layers and masks in Photoshop to selectively edit the sky and the canyon,

2) I could have used a neutral density filter to balance the light.

3) I could have used HDR blending.

The truth is I hadn't considered the need to make the canyon more of a feature as my focus at the time was on the sky. And, there's always the question of being true to what I was seeing as opposed to a vision. Of course, the vision would sell much better.

Thanks for making me think about this, especially as I snagged a permit for Coyote Buttes (South) for this coming Saturday. A bit of pre-thought as to what I want to accomplish should result in better photos from the day.

Mark