Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2020-07-19 0:55

Hello Loong,

To see a lion up close in a zoo can have nothing like the experience of seeing it in the wild! I can imagine the heart pounding moment as you tried to stay perfectly still, whilst you took this!
Maybe the lion is listening to the sound of the jeep, as he turned his head to give you a fine profile. Pity you missed the feet .... but you are learning your trade of wild life photography, and to hold a camera still, compose a photograph and bow to his majesty at the one time, takes years of practice.

Love the w/s, too. Good job it was you who spotted the antelope and not the lion or it could have been a right royal dinner!

Have a good Sunday,
Bev 😊

Old 07-19-2020, 08:06 PM
TE Junior Member

Smile To Royaldevon: Thanks!

Hello Bev,
Thanks .....:-))))))
Never mind the feet.... as long as I'm still in one piece , I don't mind missing all of it.
Bowing is not my thing. No matter how many years of practice - its still very silly and awkward.
Since you mentioned it, later that day I remembered vaguely someone ( a cook I presumed ) told me at dinnertime what the meat was. Not the poor antelope but it was so delicious. Sorry if you're a vegetarian.

Cheers!
Loong