To tyro: Mistake - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2020-06-30 13:04

Hello Bev,

An interesting note and two excellent photographs of this little known and somewhat neglected castle. I see too that it has now been fenced off because it is now in a dangerous state - something you can read about on the "Undiscovered Scotland" website here: https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/sanquhar/castle/index.html

Actually, it may also have been fenced off then I came to visit you here - but that was in September, 2015 - almost a year before you took this picture. Oh, and by the way, my old car is an Austin, not a Ford - as you can see in this picture which I took while on the way to visit you: https://www.trekearth.com/viewphotos.php?l=7&p=1505292 !

Anyway, these are two delightful photographs and the evening light suits your main image well with the castle walls almost glowing against the blue sky with its puffy white clouds. Your main photo is my favourite of the two: I suspect your workshop picture was actually taken from the main road to the village - and probably on the way to or from the pub! :)

Lovely!

You take care.

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:22 AM
TE Expert

Red face To tyro: Mistake

Thanks for your thoughtful words, John.

I have no idea why I put Ford instead of Austin ... I did know! Sorry!
I took a photograph of it when you visited us!

With regard to the photographs, the main one was taken from the road, the w/s was taken from a lane, down the hill from the farm.

You were right about the castle being fenced off.
It must have been in a dangerous state when we were there.
We would have liked to detect around it but besides it being restricted, the grass was far too long!

Best wishes, Bev 😊