Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-07-16 10:07

Hello John,
That is indeed an unusual instrument the woman is playing. I tried to search the internet for an explanation, but there are soooo many instruments I never heard of. It's a good photo with the old brick walls as a nice background. It would have been interesting if you had gone behind the woman's back to take a close photo of her hands and the tool she is holding, just so we could see how she was using it. But it's too late now!
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 07-16-2019, 06:31 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Hello Gert, thanks for visit

Hello Gert,,

Maybe see I next week the same musicians, normally get the musician a permission for one month of the city Bruges
But I ask again the name ( and write in my Phone) and makes a image behind the woman for her hands.

I've a question, I want maybe stopping on TE, I can not make pictures of an other area or here in this small Flemish Belgium.
Only my bicycle is my friend, together my wife of course. ( 58 year married) (with the same woman)
Maybe finding the members this one-sided
What is your opinion my Friend, stay or stop.
Best regards
John from Maldegem Belgium
Sorry for my bad English
Old 07-16-2019, 06:53 PM
TE Expert

Hello John,

I really think that as long as you enjoy posting photos and take new ones, even if only close to your home, you should keep on doing it. It is a hobby and it will help your mind stay healthy. As long as you can go on your bicycle tours it will keep your body fit. I am sure you also have hundreds, or maybe thousands of slightly older photos to show, so you could stay on the site for a long time even just with those.

But it's inevitable that we all reach a point when we do certain things for the last time. I am not sure of my own future, so I can just hope for the best.

Kind regards,
Gert
Old 07-17-2019, 08:41 AM
TE Expert

Hello John (and Gert),

John, do not stop posting! Your all photos are excellent and beautiful. And I am sure that you still have many of them in your archive. Every picture is a feast for the eyes. It is no problem they are taken near your home. and congratulations for 58 years of marriage . (I am only 49 years married).
As I wrote in the note, the instrument is Ukrainian, it is called Tsymbaly, in Polish cymbały. it was very often played in the small taverns owned by Jews. In Polish national poem by Mickiewicz there is the long verse about the tsymbalist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQY_4iwgBJc