Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-07-07 0:58

Hello Paul,
I am sorry for you that you couldn't bring your camera inside this fantastic temple, but the few photos I took were too dark anyway. You experienced the atmosphere, which I also cherish as one of my most important memories of India in spite of my bad photos. Actually, I don't remember any parts being as colourful as this. It may be my failing memory, or there has been a major restoration since 1988. Even though none of these photos are exactly what you wanted to take, they are still quite remarkable for their colours, atmosphere and artistic beauty.
Best regards,
Gert

Old 07-07-2019, 06:27 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: Not a failing memory

Thank you Gert,

No, I don't think that your memory is failing.
In many parts of the temple it was rather dark. Also this room is one of the most colourful.

Although Miguel showed this picture https://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/India/South/Tamil_Nadu/Madurai/photo1570590.htm just a few weeks ago. I reallly liked that part of the temple and of course especially the ceiling. There I found it particularly regrettable not to be able to take pictures.

But you're completely right, the most important thing was to be able to experience the atmosphere and I should realize more how great it was I could be there together with the numerous Indian pilgrims.

Best regards,
Paul