Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great holmertz 2019-04-01 12:10

Hello John,
To me "Liberty Bell" will always be the "Theme from Monty Python's Flying Circus". Not bad music to listen to while having lunch or coffee. And of course this must be among the most magnificent lunch restaurants anywhere. It's another impressive photo with excellent sharpness and lots of interesting details to watch. I'm not sure that I would have noticed the two screens unless you had pointed them out.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 04-01-2019, 08:51 PM
TE Expert

Default To holmertz: The Liberty Bell.......

Hello Gert,

Thank you for your kind words yet again!

Ah, ha, yes, I do remember that tune being the introductory one for Monty Python! But the fact that you immediately recalled it reminds me that somebody once told me that the definition of a true music lover was someone who could listen to Rossini's "Overture to William Tell" and not think of the Lone Ranger!

Yes, this place is lovely and the daily organ recitals add a lot to the pleasure for, even if you're not eating, you can hear the music throughout the galleries. But as a lunch restaurant it's definitely nothing special - just an open plan area with lots of tables (you can see them in my previous picture) and it's "serve yourself" and the menu is limited to very ordinary sandwiches, soup and soft drinks.

Kind Regards,

John.