Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great tyro 2019-02-05 3:18

Hello Jean Claude,

It is amazing to think that I live only about 40 miles from Edinburgh and yet have never been in this place! Is this library open to the public or is it only for members of the university?

A brilliant photograph with very strong perspective which shows that remarkable ceiling to wonderful effect, flanked below by the regular square columns.

A perfect capture with glorious light and colours, perfect exposure and exquisite details and sharpness.

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:57 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To tyro: Old Library in Edinburgh

Hello John,

I think that this library is not open to the public. We could visit it during the graduation of our daughter at Edinburgh University.

Indeed my daughter needed a special code to have access to the library. She told me that for special open days of the University the library can be visited by the public.

With regards from Luxembourg

JC

JC
Old 02-07-2019, 08:38 AM
TE Expert

Default Thank you, JC!

Dear Jean Claude,

Thank you for your reply! Of course, you were in a privileged position to enter this place as your daughter was graduating from Edinburgh University. That must have been a very proud moment for you and your family.

Yes, I have heard about these "open days" and I must keep my eyes and ears open and take advantage of any later this year.

Kindest regards,

John.