To macjake: Security - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2016-07-19 2:10

Hi Mike
I've been enjoying your recent series on these Moscow subway stations...there are many awesome photos of them on the Internet, and yours belong in that grouping as well.

cool to focus in on the roof this time. the final result is pretty darn awesome. Keep these coming.

PS
I've heard the police/security here can often be problematic for photographers - they're not exactly the nicest or most understanding of people. did you have any issues in your time in Moscow?

cheers
Craig

Old 07-19-2016, 10:21 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To macjake: Security

Hi Craig

I checked out the do's and don'ts before I went and the Moscow Metro station site stated that photography is most definitely allowed and welcomed given the nature of the stations. There were many security people around and I had to go through metal detecting gates and have my camera bag checked many times everywhere I went in Moscow. On one occasion 7 times in one day - it was tiresome after a while but that was how it was for everyone.

I found the people incredibly friendly towards me actually. Never had a problem. The only time a security guard appeared was when I was taking a shot of a huge hydro electric dam in Perm, with Serghei. As soon as I raised the camera, as if by magic this guy appeared and made it very clear that no photos were allowed. Oh, yeah and in a museum in Perm a female security guard who reminded me of Rosa Klebb from the Bond movies, got pissed off because my camera bag kept tripping the laser alarms as I turned in front of exhibits. Aside from that I had no problems whatsoever. I encountered very friendly and accommodating security people on the whole, throughout my time there.

Cheers

Mike