Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great macjake 2015-08-23 4:26

Hi Jasmine
a very interesting note...personally, I like it when we discuss more about the experience of the photo, rather than talking about the subjects of the photo...do you know what I mean?

I often try to tell a story about the photo, as I have in my newest post.

Its great that you included some of your thoughts about men/women who dedicate their lives to working out in the open waters...i wouldn't want to do it either.

as for the photo itself, its only my humble opinion, but I would have preferred you move slightly over to your left, or zoom out more, to get the entire boat on the left IN the scene. That makes more of an impact than the hut on the right with the edge or no edge.

So I see it as cutting off the left boat is more of an issue than the Hut's edge.
but the main focal point is the large boat, and its a dooozy! almost has that Vikiking sort of feel to it, its quite amazing in it own right.

and the atmosphere makes a strong impact as well.
I've really enjoyed this post and your note
cheers
craig

Old 08-23-2015, 08:00 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To macjake: Re

Thanks Craig.
Knowing that you are not so keen on the water, you certainly don't want to be near the sea on the day I took the photo.
Quote:
.. move slightly over to your left, or zoom out more, to get the entire boat on the left IN the scene.
Yes, it could be another view.
Thanks a lot.
Jasmine