Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great emka 2015-02-22 15:27

Hi Gert, This adobe structures of Mali is my another dream to see but most probably it will never be fulfilled. I still somehow fear Africa. Amazing adobe buildings and you were lucky that this lone person appeared. It is essential to the composition.
I visited another adobe city and UNESCO Site in Peru - Chan Chan. It was founded in the same time, around 8th Century. Chan Chan is threatened by El Nino rains, does it ever rains here?
I find it strange that you have not been tempted to go to Latin America. I was now fourth time and always find it fascinating.
Another gem from you archive.

Regards MAlgo

Old 02-23-2015, 07:57 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: no time

Thank you Malgo.
I don't speak Spanish, that is one reason I haven't been to Latin America. But I have been more than 30 times to Asia, including one journey of 10 months, and more than a dozen times to Africa while I have been either studying or working full time. I cannot do everything in just one lifetime.
Gert
Old 02-23-2015, 08:54 AM
TE Expert

Hi Gert,

Hahaha, I suppose you do not speak farsi, hindi, Arabic, Chinese, Turkish or suahili either . It is much easier than in Asia, you know at least alphabet in Latin America. You travelled so much so it is why I find it strange. Since my school years the pre-columbian Art was for me the most fascinating. But it is much less exotic than Asia or Africa.
Maybe it is not too late to go?

Have a nice day. Still no winter in Poland.
Malgo