To abmdsudi: Halos - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great abmdsudi 2015-02-01 9:44

Hi Kasia
What a lovely family who look so relaxed in your company which is great! and you really have captured very nicely & I like the composition you have created. Your doing really well with the lighting - natural even light, sparkling good colours & correct skin tones and there's enough detail in the blacks which is correctly exposed without digital noise. My only negative critique; If you look closely, halos on the outlines of the heads of the adults are too obvious thus slightly distracting may be due to clash-of extreme dark and brightest high contrast which is not the case here, thus extreme in sharpening is the cause here. These are my sincere opinion hopefully is acceptable to you. Great capture nevertheless, Congrats.
Best regards

Old 02-02-2015, 08:24 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To abmdsudi: Halos

Thank you for your very kind comments!
You are right about the halos (and thanks for pointing that out), although I think they are a result of contrast (and also visible around the girl's head) but, as you say, enhanced by sharpening. I'll have a look at the RAW file on a proper monitor when I get back home from my travels (I'm in Slovenia at the moment and look at the photos on very small netbook screen).
Have a great week!
Kasia