To Noel_Byrne: Thank you - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great No_One 2014-11-25 10:49

Hi Kasia,
I wonder if you have a way to share this photo with the family, I would say they would treasure it as its such a pleasant portrait of this happy little person that surely body could look at this without smiling. I am really enjoying your photos and notes from Iraq, it's wonderful to see your perspective in comparison to the stuff I see on the news here in Europe. Thanks again for sharing your work.
Best wishes
Noel

Old 11-25-2014, 10:49 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To Noel_Byrne: Thank you

Hi Noel

Thank you for your lovely comment! It's a very nice thing to say and I really appreciate it.

Here is what I said to Craig, who also asked if I'd send this photo to the boy's family:

I've got some sort of address to send this photo (and quite a few others of this family) in Sorani alphabet which I don't understand, scattered all over a piece of paper copied from a guidebook. I'm planning to photograph those words print onto a piece of paper which I can then attach to an envelope. The order of the words may be a problem but at least I know the name of the town. Hopefully the postman will be able to figure that out but I guess whoever ends up receiving the photos in Shaklawa will be able to pass them on.

Or/and maybe, in a few years, I'll visit Shaklawa in person and take another photo of this little boy?

Best wishes
Kasia