Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great jcpix 2013-10-16 19:56

Hi Russ,

This popped up on your profile page and immediately caught my eye. Not sure how I missed it until now!? Considering its age, this looks really good! The aqua coloring with the warm sunlight along the upper portion of the frame is a very soothing combination..kind of tropical. Way off base though for this particular subject, right? :)

What's the saying, "good things come in tiny packages"....well this would fit the bill alright! Sometimes the smallest, most unassuming object(s) can result in the strongest imagery. The immediate impact is the ice design on the window, but what grabs me the most is the blurred background for depth perception. I feel as if I'm sitting right there having a nice hot drink while watching the morning come to life in the neighborhood.

It would appear you had your senses working already back in '79, well done! I really like the calm and collective atmosphere contained within every aspect of this shot. In a way, this takes me back to my childhood during the winters in SLC. Thanks for the memories. Have a great night.

Friendly wishes,

Jason

Old 10-17-2013, 08:46 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To jcpix: Your words too kind!

Thanks for the kind look at this. I'll tell you that the slide was pretty decent, the scan was below par, and I experimented with a LOT of post-processing in trying to bring out the crystals. I just got lucky with the background, which I think is what spurred me to shoot that morning, that pink-and-aqua light (yeah, oddly tropical, huh?) bouncing off the snow and through the crystals!

Best regards,

Russ
Austin, Texas