Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mjw364 2013-08-07 0:44

Hi Russ

What this shot does for me is two things. First of all I think "wow" I love the colours and the beauty of the natural ice crystals. I love the slightly soft focus and the grain, which both add texture and provide a more creative, original and artistic shot. This leads to my second point. Given the things I have outliined you only have 18 points on what I consider to be a wonderful image and that tells me all I need to know about the conservative, somewhat lacking in imagination TE audience. Sometimes they don't know a great shot when it bites them on the aŁ$! Sometimes they applaud images that don't deserve a single point too. Go figure as they say in your homeland!

Mike

Old 08-08-2013, 06:35 PM
TE Senior Member

Smile To mjw364: Audiences will vary...

Hi Mike!

Your kind words made me laugh (and mean a great deal to me!). It is difficult to figure what might score big points here, and I think that many intangibles are at play, including what time of day it is all around the world when a shot gets posted. So I have happily recalibrated my gratification meter to look at the standards of the people who are responding, and yours, my friend, are top notch. Thanks for the note!

This shot was rather an experiment when I took it, as a college student not wanting to venture out into the weather to go to class, and working with it now and posting it here was a continuation of that experiment. I'm glad you liked the result.

Best regards!

Russ
Austin, Texas