Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mkamionka 2013-07-14 3:05

Hi Kristin,
I had a pleasure to walk a similarly otherworldly landscape on Maui. I loved it and I think I would enjoy Iceland too. Just the weather discourages me from using my vacations for it. I have a similar picture with a line of hikers on the horizon on one of my photos from Argentina, they are hiking a glacier.
I like very much the colors so extraordinary.
Great capture,
M

Old 07-14-2013, 03:46 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To mkamionka: iceland

hello mariusz!

otherworldly experiences are fantastic ~ i would love to experience the same sensations in maui. i am quite sure, if this photo appeals to you, then you would like iceland, too. the colors are truly astonishing.

btw, i just heard this past week that this area has been declared a national geographic special place of some sort. so hurry, get there before the hoards of visitors descend and destroy that wonderful surreal aloneness of this area.

also, we camped at the base for two nights, not terribly comfortable (you're on rocks), but i loved how international the small camp was -- no other americans to be heard!

kristin