Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great KristinsCamera 2013-07-01 20:19

this is a side of denmark many don't see -- namely, elevation.
people are very used to the rather flat (especially from the perspective of someone who lives in the mountains) landscape. so it's always a pleasure to see this part of denmark, and you've captured it beautifully, russ.
i especially love the early light on the cliffs, and the dark stones of the beach below.

all best,
kristin

Old 07-02-2013, 04:09 PM
TE Senior Member

Talking To KristinsCamera: Crisp morning after the coldest night I had ever spent on the ground!

The dawn light was superb; Fuji made a slide film called Velvia that was wonderful, too.

I had friends living in Denmark -- at the time, a family of 5 (three very young boys). I spent two weeks there; traveling solo to Oslo and Hamburg during the week, then camping with them on the weekends. They had a small (what's the word the English use?) caravan, and Nancy and the boys slept inside while Tony and I made do on the ground. It was not bad, although it did freeze. I wound up flipping a down vest upside-down so it buttoned up my face.

I'm still in touch with those friends (they live in Houston), who added a fourth boy shortly after; he's just finished high school!

Best,

Russ
Austin, Texas