Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Tips-Techniques


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 12:02 PM
kim_gwan kim_gwan is offline
TE Newbie
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 88
Default UV filter

Hi All,

pls advice me

i am looking for a good quality UV filter that also serves as a lens protector,
Hoya Super HMC seems to be the choice.

However, there are different thickness of 55mm or 72mm, what does this
thickness means?

Thank you
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:44 PM
happypoppeye happypoppeye is offline
TE Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 340

Ralf, the "thickness" you are asking about is the diameter of the lens you are putting it on.

The lens should specify this on it somewhere. What lens are you using? ...and there are many more than just 55 and 72. You'll also see 52, 58, 62, 72, 82, etc, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 PM
johngonzo johngonzo is offline
TE Newbie
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2

On the inside of your lens cap you will find the measurement for your lens thats the size of filter thread you will need.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:55 AM.