Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great MJR 2011-03-03 14:22

James
Like me, you have suffering a chronological glitsch ! You 'came home' from the Seychelles a post or two ago ? Didn't you ?! But this was worth going back for. A delightful shot, pue white against the blue, wings outstretched. I fear there is a slight fuzziness in the detail ? But fascinating note compensates ! TFS
Regards
Martin

Old 03-03-2011, 11:22 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To MJR: Hi Martin

Martin,

Yes you are right, I have gone back in time...I wanted to post the picture taken from the plane but I also wanted this to be my final post from the Seychelles because it just seems so fitting, so simple but elegant and seeing the back of the bird like this, something flying away, just feels like the end more than any other picture even though chronologically speaking it isn't. I promise though this time it is definately over and you can expect to see images from the Peak district again and others....Not sure about the fuzziness you mention, perhaps the focus isn't perfect but it was very very difficult to get this shot considering the very basic lens I had to work with and the bird moving so quickly through the frame. Believe me, there were many failed attempts previous to this! I got to know after a time the route certain individual birds would take from the forest area out onto the beach and positioned myself and waited....I think wildlife photography requires so much patience and preparation and I just don't have the inclination for it most of the time.

As always, thank you for your comments

Regards,
James
Old 03-04-2011, 08:51 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Fuzzy

James
To clarify 'fuzziness' remark - on my screen at least the bird is not sharp as we are used to with your work, whether it was focus as you offer, or may be just the long fl /crop/enlargement I dont know, maybe both. It just has a softness to it ?
But it does not detract from your patience and endeavour !
I would not have been half as patient. I tried some seagulls - 'the other day' wheeling, oh, at 20 ft or so - not one decent shot ! Most disappointing.

Respect to all those who manage it !

regards
Martin
Old 03-05-2011, 10:48 AM
TE Junior Member

Hi Martin,

Yeh you are right, it does have a softness to it and i'm sure its focus, it could be crop but it hasn't been cropped that much and the shutter is plenty quick enough. Who knows.... yeh it is difficult, I suppose I felt like I had to capture this bird whilst I was there, I do have a few other pictures of it too and I had the luxury of living there so I could get used to where they would be flying and get ready I suppose. I guess with wildlife half of the battle is becoming knowledgable about the behaviour and being in a position to almost second guess you know. Thats my theory but I don't engage in it very much either

Have a good weekend,

Regards,
James