To ellelloo: Thank you - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great ellelloo 2011-03-01 14:04

Hi Rich,
This other shot from your canal taken from your garden is as gorgeous as the other one. The other one had the beautiful late afternoon light, this one a lovely morning light and atmosphere. The frosty grass on the foreground and the mist rising from the river tell that the night was cold. The composition is harmonious and there are many details to take in. The glowing tree on the left is really fine as are also the reflections. A joy for the eyes!
Lasse

Old 03-01-2011, 09:36 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To ellelloo: Thank you

Hi Lasse, Thank yopu for the wonderful comments.. I regard myself as very fortunate to live in this wonderful little cottage. if you google Earth my post code, you will see what it looks like ( Post code OX17 !PE)

My sincere apologies that I cannot reply to you in your language.. It is selfish of me.

I hope you have an enjoyable evening

In Afrikaans we would say "Gooie aand"

Rich
Old 03-02-2011, 10:33 AM
TE Senior Member

Smile Your place

I'm not using Google Earth as much as I used and I did not get to the right place with that post code, because it showed a huge list of locations, mainly hotels and restaurants and other business. I probably have wrong settings in my GE. I searched for Cropredy only and then looked at the photos taken along the canal. Picturesque small houses and many boats, some of which looked similar to yours. I have walked around the roads of Cropredy with Google street view too. Is your place somewhere near this?

Heh, you do not need to apologize for not being able to reply in my language. It is such a rare language in the world, that it is totally natural to communicate in English, which is anyway the main internet language. Also I have no difficulties in understanding English. I know my own English is Finglish as I was told by my British ex colleagues, but that does not bother me at all.

Greetings,
Lasse
Old 03-02-2011, 06:41 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Nearly There

Hi Lasse, This is indeed Cropredy-- I am at the next bridge-- I have attached the link but does not quite show you my cottage..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,18.97,,1,0.88