Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement Vesela 2005-02-23 6:11

Maybe I am wrong but for me this photo is not humorous at all. This old man looks so lonely and ill.

Old 02-23-2005, 02:38 PM
TE Newbie

Default To Vesela: old man

Yes you're wrong, this old man is an old man, that's all. There is nothing sad with beeing old in my opinion, that's part of life. Sorry if that photo didn't please you, I found interesting the contrast between the wall and this old man, representing another generation.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: To Vesela: old man

No, she's right, dear Sebastian, you're trying to make 'fun' by giving it funny name and you are talking about contrasts, but the idea is just made up....His hand is cut off the picture and the true is that he's just trying to get some balance, he's not making graffiti as you maybe would wish!
You are tho only one who was there and we count on you to tell us the true not to create a false story.
There's nothing wrong with being old, that's right, but there's something wrong with not having respect for old people.
(just my opininon)
Enjoy your own way of doing thinghs,though....

cheers
Old 02-23-2005, 06:29 PM
TE Newbie

Alright then, maybe you don't get the second level in which this photo was meant.
As I don't want to offend anyone there, maybe I should update the category of this photo.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:34 PM

what is the 'second level' then?
Old 02-23-2005, 06:39 PM
TE Newbie

Yes, changing the category would be definetely more appropriate action then taking some mean revenge.
Have a very nice evening! :)
Old 02-23-2005, 06:58 PM

Default to Seb.

;) now when you changed the name of the picture and the description all our discussion in pointless....
Old 02-23-2005, 07:12 PM
TE Newbie

Default Re: to Seb.

No it wasn't pointless, I learned something today about the way a photo can hurt the sensibility of people depending on how you present it. This is now the second level I was mentioning before, which is maybe more appropriate.
Next time I post a photo, maybe I'll just share technical details and leave the interpretation up to the viewers.
Take care!
Old 02-24-2005, 11:56 AM
TE Newbie

You have to learn another important thing too - to act as a man, to be more composed and not to seek for cheap revenges on people at any cost. I know that I am not a great photographer yet /I am just a beginner :)/ but I also know that I would never laugh at some old and obviously sick man living probably the last days of his life - as you did in your first note. I hope some day you will realize that the principles of the morality and the humanity are superior to the principles of the photography.
That was all I had to say.

Good bye, seb36.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:47 PM
TE Newbie

If you still haven't understood that I was beeing sarcastic, I'm afraid there is nothing else I can do... Anyway, I'm not quite sure that we're sharing the same vision of what photography is all about. To me, this is mainly about communicating feelings, actions or emotions. (that's why this is art) Therefore a photo of an old man is not taboo but strong and beautiful. This man that you seem to burry alive has his dignity, I think I captured that as well.