Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great casperduppy 2009-06-18 12:41

Hi Mary,
This is such a lovely shot of quiet rural Jamaica, where things happen at a very slow pace. A rustic old yard, repaired and renovated, that most likely sees stormy weather and rainfall on a regular basis. After all, a lot of rain falls in Manchester, even at times when the worrying winds are far from land. An old scan as you say, with a nice soft touch and perfectly composed. Dance posters on the door, and a red dirt set of steps that could do with a brush and polish :)

I do hope you keep posting your Jamaica pictures, in particular any old scans that you have. They are a delight for me to see, and should be shown! All the very best, Casper

Old 06-25-2009, 12:08 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To casperduppy: A Victim of Ivan

Thank you for your thoughtful comment Casper and for your encouragement to post my old slides, which meant so much to me. I have many images that I love and that tell stories I would like to share. I have been hesitant about posting, knowing that, despite an awful lot of work on them, I can't get close to digital quality. Now you've given me the confidence I needed.

I was delighted to visit your gallery and to get an idea of how you came to be on the Morant Cays, taking those wonderful pictures that I have loved for a long time. Very best wishes, Mary
Old 06-29-2009, 09:05 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To casperduppy: A Victim of Ivan

Hi Mary - you are most welcome! And I am glad you enjoyed your trip out to the Morant Cays! In fact looking at your pictures of the road along the south coast from Yallahs down to Morant Bay brings back many happy memories. I have a lot of friends down there as the majority of fishermen on the Morant Cays come from that part of the island. So don't keep any of your pictures to yourself - especially since they tell a story! They may be (digital) scans of film images, and take some work to try and clean up, but hey, sometimes the grain and dirt and scratches add a story too. Just like an old reggae record :-)

All the very best, Casper