To Polonaise: Hello Mr Polonaise - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great Polonaise 2009-04-21 6:56

I dismay A.B. works tremendously but I love this one...!!!
Even more... I can feel your feelings being there just by looking at your photo.
I can understand you being scared and lonely in there...
I can see your fears of coming closer to the edge of the cliff and looking into an abyss down there...

A great photo, Leilani...
A photo to be proud of...
And... A photo as far as possible from the A.B. postcards produced in millions in every freaking photo album or a calendar on earth for the last forty years !

Be warm... Stay cool...
g

Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To Polonaise: Hello Mr Polonaise

It's not so much Adam Burtons style I'm after emulating... I can't say that I abhor his work or work like it, as I actually like looking at that kind of work. But I couldn't produce that style if I tried. My soul is more melancholy I think and refuses to when I try. It's the location. Adam Burtons locations are what inspire me. I would never have ventured to this amazing spot if I hadn't seen his shot.

I took a great many shots there...several hundred to be exact. It was scary, lonely, thought provoking and stunningly beautiful. One of those moments I'll never forget. How easy it would have been to suddenly disappear. I will never be able to translate that into an image or even words. It's something I was striving for and something I now realise I can never achieve. Thank you for your kind words Mr Polonaise ;)

Kind Rgds,
Leilani