Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great BennyV 2009-02-08 9:02

Hello Victor,

Interesting shot with a well chosen title, which was the first thing that attracted my attention, expecting it to be a shot with a message (which it isn't).

Looking at the picture itself, I like the role that the fence (and the slightly brighter green just behind it) plays in the composition. Thanks for sharing it here.

Benny

Old 02-08-2009, 05:02 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To BennyV: Thanks

Hi Benny,
Thanks for your comments. The image in itself shows a contrast between, on one side, a hill transformed into pasture and some communication towers over a mountain (representing “development”, if you will) and, on the other side, the mountain covered by native forest (“nature”). The message is there, and I made my considerations also. If you don’t think its correct, or you just don’t like it, doesn’t make it nonexistent... What I meant is that we need the pasture to survive, the extent of it and the methods by which we use our resources is open to interpretation. The information regarding the region can be found in my previous posts.
Regards,
Victor
Old 02-08-2009, 05:37 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To BennyV: Thanks

I think we basically agree here, Victor. It's just that I like this image as a registration. It's not a propaganda picture with a simplistic message, maybe that's what I should have written. Obviously there IS a message in your post. What I like is that it's a picture that makes you think, rather than one that manipulates you into thinking in a certain way.

Benny