Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great fkostas 2009-02-01 5:56

Hi Marc,

I guess you see pictures of this place here often. What realy fascinates me is the donkey swimming up and joining the scene so randomly.

I'm surprised monks have digital cameras being austere and all. I like the light on the foot of the man in the middle, and of course the posture of the two boys being photographed.

I actually think you could have cropped Angkor wat out. Or maybe not.

I am less than impressed by the Nat Geo photographer. I learned from their site (linked on TL) that they are not looking for photographers per se, but people with college degrees. I find that stupid. You are a photographer, or you are not. What does a degree in say, polital science, have to do with it? College is where you go to get fleeced, and have other people form your mind.

Anyway, I like the photo.

Farah

Old 02-02-2009, 08:50 PM
TE Expert

Default To fkostas: hello!!

I appreciate your comments and I'm glaad you like the photo. I disagree with you about Angkor, but it's fair to have an opinion. I think Angkor is really a huge art of the subject and context. Furthermore it balances the compo. So, it balances the picture both visually and conceptually.

Can you give me the link you're talking about? I really would like to know what you are tlaking about...

thx

Marc
Old 02-03-2009, 08:19 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To fkostas: hello!!

Hi Marc,

Here is the link: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/faq/careers.html#photographer

You have to have a degree in something other than photography related courses. What if you are more worldly and a better photographer, but no degree? You can't be considered? Even the US government realized for some high stress and critical jobs, such as air traffic control, ability to perform trumped a degree. It's just a subject I have been researching lately. Whether or not a degree which does not train you for a specific job (ie, doctor, engineer, etc) is worth the time and expense. I am also learning guitar today. I plan to be in a band. I hope they don't start requiring degrees!

Farah