Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

BlueRaven 2008-12-08 7:58

Hi Anne,

This is an interesting shot - did you take it from one of the observation towers?
There are two things wrong in this shot in my opinion. First, the horizon is tilted, which could easily be corrected in PP. Second, that huge yellow date messes the shot up completely. You want to draw attention to the main subject (= the falls) and not the date, which is what happens here... Too bad - it would otherwise have been a good picture!

Best wishes
Claudia

PS: It does look great in the winter, although the falls usually don't freeze completely (the force of the water is just too strong).

Old 12-09-2008, 09:20 AM
TE Newbie

Default To BlueRaven: Horseshoe Falls

Thanks Claudia - i didn't even notice the stupid date!!!!
As you can see from the date however we were there quite a while ago and if my memory serves me correctly, yes it was from an observation tower, just can't remember which one. I thought that would be the case re winter it is such a lot of water to freeze over completely - if it did it wouldnt thaw out till the next year - be a bit like the north and south poles I suspect.
Thanks for your honesty, that's what it's all about!
Anne