Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great cherryripe 2008-08-19 1:36

Hi Susanna
Excellent pov of this castle giving so much depth. I like how you ussed the bush and flowers to hide the wall and frame the left side. Nice wide view too.
What's your itinerary in Corsica ?
Regards
Nikki

Old 08-19-2008, 12:56 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To cherryripe: Itinerary

Hi Nikki - the itinerary is still taking shape, based on Lonely Planet, info from various colleagues and an outline from Loic... but no cycling planned for this trip. If you have any tips at all, let me know! Regards from sunny Basel, Susanna
Old 08-19-2008, 01:18 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To cherryripe: Itinerary

Hi Susanna
I guess it depends how long you've got and how you're getting around. The Cap Corse needs a full day. We arrived in Bastia at 7am and got to Loïcs' at 8pm. This included 2 hours at a beach for swimming and lunch and another swim stop but not Nonza as we went there 2 years ago. The region of Bonfiacio, beaches near Porto Vecchio, les Aiguilles de Bavella and the gorges of Solenzara are what I liked best in the south. You have the spectacular Calanches on the west coast. We didn't visit Scandola which looks stunning but you're best getting a boat from Porto. It's really expensive from Calvi or Galeria. Of course you've got some beautiful walking in the centre and Corte is pretty plus nearby Soveria. You will have to go to the Balagne (cute villages) and dine at Chez Leon in Cateri ;-). I find Île Rousse is quite charming and is a good base for visiting the Balagne, Calvi and the Desert des Agriates. For me, seeing photos on TE gives me ideas where to go and in Corsica there are still beautiful places left for us to visit.
Regards
Nikki
Old 08-19-2008, 01:40 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To cherryripe: Itinerary

Thanks for the tips - especially Chez Leon ;-) We have 2 weeks and will be driving, so should manage to pack in plenty to see and still leave time for some lazing around! Enjoy the rest of your holiday at home, Susanna