Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Needs Improvement ddrwx2 2008-04-29 2:38

"the Chinese government views them as old fashioned, and therefore evil!" ?! ?! ?!

Silly of you ! don't spread the rumour here !

Old 04-29-2008, 03:21 PM
TE Newbie

Default To ddrwx2: Clarification

Wanshang hao Mary,

I've seen your note regarding my photo entitled "Street food" and felt I should email you to clarify a few things.
I assure you my description was not intended to cause offence. It's what's called a "tongue in cheek" expression where I come from, which means it's not meant to be taken seriously. Because of your comment, I have changed the photo description as I don't want to offend anyone and I hope this satisfies you.
When I say the government is controlling street vendors, this is not spreading rumours, it is merely a comment based upon my experiences in China. Maybe in Guangdong this is not the case, but for example in Xi'an street vendors have all been moved to designated places where they are allowed to sell, and in Dalian they have been banned. The note making guidelines for TE say that the website is about "learning about the world through photography". By giving information in my photo description, all I am doing is informing people about the facts surrounding the content of my photo (i.e. the life of a street vendor)

Is my response OK for you?

Kind Regards

Lee
Old 05-21-2008, 05:40 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: To ddrwx2: Clarification

I whole heartedly agree with you, the note, comment & arguments are indeed very interesting to learn more about our little blue ball of a planet.