Comments?... - The TrekEarth Forums

Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-27-2003, 10:32 AM

Default Comments?...

I really would like to see more reactions/comments about this photo. Wondering if it's only me...

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 05-27-2003, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Comments?...

Viviane, it's a part of everyday life - and I know I haven't seen a clothes peg like that here. Whilst it isn't the best image I've ever seen, I think it's a nice photograph :-)
Old 05-27-2003, 03:23 PM

Salut Adrian,

I understand everybody has his/her own taste, and it's fine because it would be dull if we all liked the same things...
But here, really, I have huge doubts!!! ;-)))

Viviane
Old 05-27-2003, 05:12 PM
TE Junior Member

I personally don't rate this photo at all. I saw it yesterday but chose not to critique it as I can see that Muhammad is trying hard to do something different. That is what most photographers need to do, including myself. I don't think this works, but I didn't have time to write a critique that would be useful.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:55 PM
TE Junior Member

Come on... it's a classic! Did you see the one with the combs? I laugh when I see these photos - they're great! I'm waiting to see five clothes pegs in a row. If Muhammad isn't quick, I might have to do it myself.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:36 PM

Default Laughing?... ;-)

Well Greg... You made me laugh! ;-)

Please understand I'm not trying to get people to have my point of view. Not at all. I respect everybody's own feeling about what ought to be here, or what should be understood as Photography. It's just curiosity.

I'm such a beginner!... I wouldn't dare saying what is good and what is not, I just say how I see it. But I like the discussion about what people think, because we are asked to make comments & critiques and it's nice to know the reactions on "Clip".
It's in fact the perfect photo to start a discussion about: "Which criteria are yours to call this Photography?"

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 05-28-2003, 12:02 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Re: Laughing?... ;-)

Change the towel for the red robe of a Tibetan monk, and the plastic peg for a hand-hewn wooden one with the glint of the Himalayan morning sun caught in a dewdrop suspended from a single spider silk - well, maybe that would have been better - I don't doubt that it would receive plenty of dark green smiles. This particular image may not be the pinnacle of the clothespeg genre, but Muhammad is a pioneer in a new land, and I for one, shall be trying to follow him there. I challenge all worthy TrekEarth photographers to seek out the most beautiful clothespeg image on this planet and bring it back to us!
Old 05-28-2003, 10:23 PM

"I challenge all worthy TrekEarth photographers to seek out the most beautiful clothespeg image on this planet and bring it back to us!"

Bonjour again Greg,

Great idea, Ken/Kentokyo suggested something like this before: Read here about it. We should try to find more "crazy" people to join... ;-)

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 05-29-2003, 12:00 AM
TE Junior Member

Yes, how about it, Adam? Could be very interesting...
Old 07-06-2003, 07:30 PM
TE Newbie

I do like it...:-)
And of course I have a couple of wooden ones courting each other on a lonely string...!