Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 01-01-2005, 01:54 AM
TE Expert

Default T-shirt: support for Tamil Fisherman

Theme Fisherman : Support for Tamil Nadu

I was contacted from Mahabalipuram with an urgent request for support of the fisherman there to rebuild their life.
The idea growed to print out a T-shirt with the pfoto of a fisherman to sell to tourists locally and maybe offered to the world by a website. Anyone who would like to support with a photo of a fisherman can add this to this theme to enlarge the possiblity to pick out the right photo's for this purpose. By using your photo you will be informed and maybe requested to send a bigger format.

I can't promise that this can become a succes, all is depending on local people there too, but I would like to give it a try if there is no objection of Adam.
Thanks
Henk
Old 01-01-2005, 03:48 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: T-shirt: support for Tamil Fisherman

ton idée est intéressante mais j'aimerai avoir la certitude de l'utilisation des sommes réunies.
a+
Pierrot
Old 01-01-2005, 04:22 AM
TE Expert

L'idée vient de Ramesh de Mahabalipuram et c'est lui qui va prendre soin de remetre l'argent au pêcheur en regardant que c'est vraiment utilisé pour rebatir leur maison ou de réparer leurs bateux, moi je n'intevient pas à ce niveau parce qu'en pricipe c'est mieux que les gens s'aide entre eux. J'ai l'experience que c'est faux de donner l'argent dans la main des pêcheurs tout de suite parce que souvent ils ne savent pas l'utiliser correctement. Alors je demanderais à Ramesh de contacter des maçons tout de suite .... d'abord les maisons puis les bateaux. Même avec des organistion plus grande la contrle est mieux fait par des locaux parce qu'ils connaissent mieux d'éviter des abusements.
Je me demande quelle risque vous prenez donc et si on n'ose jamais de prendre une risque on ne gagne jamais rien.
A ce moment-ci on utulise déjà quelque photo de moi à Kanyakumari, je redonne un peu qui apartient au fond à eux, je prends le risque de l'abusement mais au fond cela me coute moins que j'ai déjà investi personellement.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:30 AM
TE Expert

I am accustomed to take some risks, anyway I does not like if it is not in the good way. Ok for any photos you want.

In my village, I think we will organise a concert indian music next weeks and money will be give to an french organisation or Indian living in Paris (for district Pondicherry I think)
Old 01-01-2005, 04:36 AM
TE Expert

At the moment a friend doctor at Chengelput is taking care of 25 victims in his own house, I can ask him to control this action in Mahabalipuram as he passes there several times a week.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:51 AM
TE Junior Member

You have my support Henk, what can I do?
Old 01-02-2005, 02:47 AM
TE Expert

Posting your photo shows already your interest and your support. Thanks.
In the mean I designed already a first two colored layout that can be printed on a T-shirt you can see on TL of by clicking here.
I hope more will follow your support.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:18 PM
TE Expert

Dear Henk

as you noticed,I added two of my shots in your theme.
and I would like to say that every one of my shots in TE,TL and TN which you find and think that those can be suitable for this matter,say me please.

I'm at your service,Henk.

Yours
Mohammad
Old 01-04-2005, 03:01 PM
TE Newbie

you can use my Tamil phisherman's photo (from Srilanka)
http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/Sri_Lanka/photo122690.htm
Yuval
Old 01-05-2005, 02:43 AM
TE Expert

Thanks to all of you who reacted on my request for solidarity and action, as I am limited in time more and more I started up things very fast and you can follow the development on TL where I will update the note. The link to TL you find higher up in this threath.