Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great MarianneS 2008-02-26 8:14

Hello Way,
I can't understand how your shot has so few points because I think it is a great one.
You managed a wonderful composition with very nice colours.
I put it among my favorites.
Congratulations,
Marianne

Old 02-29-2008, 01:25 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To MarianneS: Thank you, and my thought on why...

Marianne
I was frustrated for awhile, I finally figured out that new member don't get as many comment as the one that been there for long time. Also people tend to comment on the same members they know and each other. Which I think itís not fair to new member, yes some of them are not that good but thatís when people can help them be better. The old members who are good donít need all that complement that said exactly the same thing by 50 or 100 different people, while some get completely ignored. I am very close to stop uploading my photo, since I donít really get much critique. I find that I didnít learn much from it. And I spend much time doing research about my photos so I can include some useful notes. I seem to get better exposure now, so Iíll see how it goes from here.
Thanks you for stopping by again and your very kind words, It's because of a few like you that keep me here still.
Way
Old 03-01-2008, 12:53 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To MarianneS: Thank you, and my thought on why...

Hello Way,
I understand your disappointment.
A far as I am concerned, I write a note on a photo because I like it. Not because the photographer has a lot of points or not.
But, of course, those who have a lot of points are also quite often excellent photographers.
In addition to this, when someone takes a few minutes to look at my photo and to write a note, it makes me happy.
And I appreciate this, so I think it is normal (and polite) to go on his/her gallery to look at his/her photos and take some time to find a note to write. I will never write 'wonderful photo' if I do not like the photo. But if I don't like it, it is probably because despite my 'beginner level' I find something that could be improved. Then, I try to be objective and positive to say it.
And I hope it can be helpful, as all critiques I received until now really helped me to improve my shots.
So, if you want more critiques... I think this is the only way to get them, in addition to your very very nice photos :-)
Thanks for explaining your feelin. I am glad you are still there because I saw another photo which I like... see you there.
Regards,
Marianne